IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT - DISTRICT OF NEBRASKA
The U.S. District Court Clerk's Office wishes to bring several important matters to your attention.
1. Transcript Redaction Procedure. On May 25, 2007, the Judicial Council for the District of Nebraska adopted an updated procedure for transcript redaction. The procedure is available on the court's Web page, http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/pom/transcript_redaction_procedure.pdf.
2. Employment Opportunity: Pro Se Law Clerk. The District Court is currently accepting applications for a full-time pro se law clerk. See the job announcement on the court's Web page, http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/hire/hire.html. Applications must be received on or before June 8, 2007.
3. Sealed and Restricted Access Documents. Attorneys may now file electronically sealed and restricted documents. Information on how to file these documents is available on the court's Web page, http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/cmecf/index.html > "Sealed and Restricted Access Documents."
4. 2006 Mediation Report. The U.S. District Court's 2006 annual report on the mediation program is available on the court's Web page, http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/mediation/medweb/page6.html > "2006 Mediation Report." Comments on the report and the program may be sent to Chief Judge Bataillon.
5. Mandatory Attorney Case Opening. Effective July 2, 2007, attorneys must use CM/ECF to open new civil cases. See General Order No. 2007-02, http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/pom/orders/index.html . Information on how to open cases is available on the court's Web page, http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/cmecf/index.html > "Users' Manual." The e-mail addresses for submitting complaints by e-mail will be disabled on July 2, 2007.
NOTE: You received this message because you are a registered user of CM/ECF. This is an automated message. DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail. If you wish to contact the court, use the following link: http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/emailus/index.html.
If you have any questions about these matters, please contact the clerk's office, 402-661-7350 (Omaha) or 402-437-5225 (Lincoln).
United States District Court Clerk's Office