February 6, 2009
1. NEW PHONE NUMBERS FOR THE LINCOLN AND NORTH PLATTE COURTHOUSES
The federal courts in Nebraska recently installed a new phone system. Phone numbers for the Omaha courthouse are the same, but phone numbers for the Lincoln and North Platte courthouses have changed. For a list of phone numbers, please check the court's Web page at http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/info/addr.html.
2. COMMENT PERIOD FOR LOCAL RULES AMENDMENTS
The Nebraska Judicial Council adopted amendments to the local rules at its January 30, 2009, meeting. The amended rules have been posted for public comment on the court's Web page at http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/localrules. Comments are due by March 6, 2009.
3. CM/ECF LOST PASSWORD PROGRAM
The following procedure explains how to create a new CM/ECF password:
1. Go to the court's Web site at www.ned.uscourts.gov/cmecf or click https://ecf.ned.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/lostPassword.pl.
2. Click "Log in to Electronic Filing System (CM/EF)."
3. Click "CM/ECF-DC V3.2.2 - Document Filing System."
4. Click the "click here" link that appears in the grey "Authentication" box.
5. Enter the login ID (first letter of first and last names followed by last four digits of Social Security number), then click "Submit."
6. A message will appear, stating, "An e-mail will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org."
7. When the e-mail is received, click on the link it contains to create a new password.
NOTE: You received this message because you are a registered user of CM/ECF. This is an automated message. DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail. If you wish to contact the court, use the following link: http://www.ned.uscourts.gov/emailus/index.html
If you have any questions about these matters, please contact the clerk's office, 402-661-7350 (Omaha) or 402-437-1900 (Lincoln).
United States District Court Clerk's Office