All judges enforce the local rules.
All judges enforce the local rules regarding summary judgment practice. See NECivR 7.1 and 56.1. If a lawyer fails to comply with local rules on summary judgment practice, every judge will, at a minimum, call that failure to the lawyer’s attention in a written order and urge the lawyer to comply in the future. The judge may also impose harsher sanctions.
Resolution of motions.
The following judges resolve summary judgment motions within 60 days of the ripe date of the motion:
- Senior Judge Lyle E. Strom
- Senior Judge Richard G. Kopf
- Magistrate Judge Thomas D. Thalken
- Magistrate Judge Cheryl R. Zwart
The following judges resolve summary judgment motions at least 5 days prior to the date set for the pretrial conference:
- Magistrate Judge F.A. Gossett, III
The following judges resolve summary judgment motions by the earlier of the two options listed above:
- Chief Judge Laurie Smith Camp
- Judge John M. Gerrard
- Senior Judge Joseph F. Bataillon