McGrath, North Law Firm
- Numerous mediations in Sarpy County Small Claims Court (single session).
- Over six mediations of public employment collective bargaining disputes as ad hoc mediator for the Iowa Public Employee Relation Board (single sessions).
- Cascio v. City of Papillon. Successful resolution of sexual harassment (NEOC charge) in Omaha, NE on 8/25/2009.
- Wubben v. City of Urbandale. Successful resolution of disability discrimination in Iowa on 4/11/2012.
- Sronce v. Kiewit Mining Group. Successful resolution of employment dispute in Omaha, NE on 4/24/2012.
Primary Areas of Mediation Practice:
- Other Labor Litigation
- Labor/Mgmt. Relations
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Occupational Safety/Health
Affiliated with the Following Mediation Centers:
- Admitted to practice in Nebraska in June 1973, in Colorado in July 1973 (inactive), and in Iowa in November 2008.
- Has co-mediated three to four matters pending before the Sarpy County Small Claims Court pursuant to an agreement between the Court and the Concord Center.
- After completing the Iowa PERB Mediator Training, contacted as a trainee mediator. Observed the mediation of a collective bargaining agreement between the City of Missouri Valley, IA and it's police department in May 2007. Supervisor was Charles Boldt.
- Has observed Michael Mullin open a mediation session. Has shadowed John Brownrigg through a complete mediation. Has mediated several employment cases as an advocate.
- Has litigated matters between numerous state and federal agencies and courts arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act, OSHA, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Has litigated matters between numerous state and federal agencies and courts regarding disputes arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Has negotiated numerous collective bargaining agreements and has handled multiple proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Has provided advice and counsel on a variety of labor relations and Human Resources related matters.
- Hourly rate is $290.00.