Approved Federal Mediator - James E. Gordon
DeMars, Gordon Law Firm
- Ayers v. Ayers (State Court) - Full Agreement - 09/14/1995
- Schneider v. Schneider (State Court) - No Agreement - 09/25/1995
- Souders v. Fleming (FMLA - State Court) - 11/09/1996
- Souders v. Fleming (Family Medical Leave Act - Federal Court) - No Agreement - 11/13/1996
- Bergholz v. St. Elizabeth (Job Discrimination-Employment - Federal Court) - No Agreement - 04/09/1997
- Bergholz v. SECHC (ADA - State Court) - 04/09/1997
- Znamenacek v. Znamenacek (Custody-Child Support - State Court) - Full Agreement - 06/05/1997
- Peavler v. Menard's (Job Discrimination-Employment - Federal Court) - No Agreement - 09/30/1997
- Kubert v. Kubert (Parenting Plan - State Court) - Full Agreement - 01/22/1998
- Simmons v. Newman (Americans With Disabilities Act - Federal Court) - Full Agreement - 02/19/1998
- Simmons v. Newman (ADA - State Court) - 02/20/1998
- Kruse v. Aliant Communcations (E.R.I.S.A. - Federal Court) - No Agreement - 03/04/1999
- Beyke v. Garvey Elevators (CERCLA - Federal Court) - Partial Agreement - 04/21/1999
- Adams v. Ballinger (Breach of Fiduciary Duty - Federal Court) - No Agreement - 05/16/2001
- Spencer v. Adams Bank & Trust (Job Discrimination-Sex - Federal Court) - Full Agreement - 11/10/2003
- Barrett-Wolf v. Adams Bank & Trust (Job Discrimination-Sex - Federal Court) - Full Agreement - 11/10/2003
- Willard v. Adams Bank & Trust (Job Discrimination-Sex - Federal Court) - Full Agreement - 11/10/2003
- Tongish v. Tongish (State Court - Modification in Divorce) - Full Agreement - 02/02/2005
- Nelson v. Stewart, et al (State Court - Commercial Landlord/Tenant) - Full Agreement - 10/26/2006
- Arsdall v. Mackeprang (State Court - Modification of Child Support) - Full Agreement - 11/13/2006
- Reinhardt v. Johnson (State Court - Parenting Time/Financial Issues) - Full Agreement - 04/06/2007
- Nadhenry v. Ruppert (State Court - Real Estate Dispute) - Full Agreement - 09/2014 - 11/2014
- Boswell v. Boswell (State Court - Dissolution of Marriange and Parenting Plan) - Directed Parties to the District Court's Self-Help Desk where they were able to take their case to court for a final resolution - 01/2015 - 02/2015
- Nugara v. N.A.P.E./A.F.S.C.M.E. (State Court - Wrongful Termination) - No Agreement - 09/2014 - 10/2014
- Dauber v. Farmers Mutual Insurance (State Court - Wind Damage to Insured's Property) - Full Agreement - 06/2014 - 10/2014
Primary Areas of Mediation Practice:
- Other Contract
- All Other Real Property
- Selectice Service
Affiliated with the Following Mediation Centers:
- Additional Areas of Experience: Dissolution of Marriage, Juvenile Law, Termination of Parental Rights, Criminal (Misdemeanor), FELA, Family Medical Leave Act, ADA
- Admitted to practice law in Iowa (ad hoc) in January 1986 and January 1995 and in Colorado (ad hoc) in November 1995
- April 2005 through July 2008: Served as president and chair of the Board of Directors of The Mediation Center.
- November 2002 through October 2007: Chaired the Advisory Council to the Supreme Court's Office of Dispute Resolution.
- Since 2003 mediation energies have been focused on administration.
- April 2007 through February 2008: Chaired the Foster Care Review Board.
- May 2000 through October 2007: Chaired Legal Aid of Nebraska.
- Law practice centers on family law. Worked on LB 554 in 2007 and LB 1014 in 2008.
- Since last approval, mediation "energies" have been focused on administration. Continues to chair The Mediation Center. Chair of the ADR section of the NSBA. Serves and continues to serve on the Board of the Nebraska Mediation Association. Lectured the Family Law Class at the UNL College of Law on the topic of "ADR in Family Law."
- November 15, 2013 approved by the Commission of Industrial Relations to serve as a resolution officer.