27. What should or shouldn't I bring with me when I report for jury duty?
- Photo ID (required to enter the building);
- Jury summons (you may be asked to identify yourself as a juror); and
- Enough clothing and personal items to accommodate a stay of up to five days if you live 60 or more miles away (one-way) and are staying overnight.
Allowed personal items:
- Newspaper, book, magazine, etc.;
- Laptop computer (if you present your summons upon entering the building; free wireless Internet access is available in Omaha and Lincoln);
- Food, snacks, or items for special dietary needs (refrigerators and microwaves are available in Omaha and Lincoln); and
- Cellular phone (if you present your summons upon entering the building; must be turned off or silenced in courtroom).
- Cameras and other image/video devices;
- Mace or pepper spray;
- Portable TVs; and